Sunday 5 February 2012

The Death of Me














I’ve wandered far
So far from home
The skies a different blue

My lips can’t write
Or rhymes recite
The smoke I see in you.

This candle’s burnt
He knows his fate
But looks for second chances

She smiles his way
His sea legs sway
and break down as she dances.

I should have lost
This holocaust
I should have bit the bullet

Now every door’s
Like every girl
I feel the need to pull it.

When will I learn
When will I burn
When will the drinks be free

Raise up your glass
Knock that back fast
And toast the death of me



I’ve wandered far
So far from home
The seas a different swim

She called me deep
Five kinds of cheap
All I could do was grin.

The smirk ran cold
I smelt her soul
And sensed a vibe so vicious

She quoted blames
I called her names
It all got quite malicious.

What is the cost
Of coins you toss
What morals can you muster

Does crumbling art
By crumbled hearts
Cause your black eyes to flutter.

Why do you weep
Why can’t I sleep
Why don’t I turn and flee

Are you still here
Swig down that beer
And taste the death of me

No comments: